The Latest Staycation Ideas
Getting tickets to see the Dallas Cowboys play can not only be difficult but it can get pretty expensive too, especially for the whole family. If you are planning a staycation and want to include an experience at Cowboys Stadium then one option to consider is to see them play in a preseason game. The tickets are much less expensive and you will actually have a great opportunity to score some really good seats. You get pretty much the whole Dallas Cowboys experience for less. Of course that’s not all either. There are even more ways that you can save on the cost of your Dallas Cowboys preseason tickets.
Of course you can always try the ticket exchange or ticket marketplace sites as well. They normally do not get you much of a deal for in season tickets but preseason can be a different story. Always check those to compare with the face value sold through Ticketmaster. They won’t get you as much savings as the deal above but you will still save more than buying direct. In addition to that, many of the 3rd party ticket marketplaces and exchanges offer their own coupons as well which you can then apply towards your purchase of the Dallas Cowboys preseason tickets. You can also check for ticket packages which give you a discount price for all of the Dallas Cowboys preseason tickets at Cowboys Stadium (AT&T Stadium).
Now if you want to see the Dallas Cowboys play at any other time of the year then be sure to first check out the Dallas Cowboys coupons to make sure that you get the absolute most savings possible. This includes a listing of all of the latest known coupons, discounts, and deals on tickets to see the Dallas Cowboys play.
For a full day of fun you can always head on over to Arlington and spend the day at the Six Flags Over Texas theme park. For extreme fun you can check out the 400 foot tall Texas SkyScreamer or the 85 mile per hour roller coaster Titan. There’s plenty to do for small kids as well like the Bugs Bunny BoomTown as well as over 100 other kid friendly activities and rides. Finally there’s plenty of live entertainment including the Hot Summer Night presented by Takis event. Admission can be pricy for the whole family but you can get some great savings if you keep a close watch.
Finding a deal for Six Flags Over Texas on Groupon doesn’t happen often but when it does you can find yourself saving a lot of money. Now you can buy either 1 or 2 admission packages per person so if you have a family of four you will need to have two Groupon accounts in order to purchase two admission packages each. A two person admission package can save you a total of $80 off your cost. If you miss out on this deal then don’t worry. There are still plenty of other ways that you can really save a lot of money too. Just purchasing your tickets online through the Six Flags site will automatically save you $5 off the cost of each adult ticket.
There are other ways to save money on your admission as well. If you are interested in saving money then be sure to check out the Six Flags Over Texas coupons for tips and suggestions on how you can get every day savings on your admission to the theme park or to any of the other Six Flags theme parks throughout the country.
Try something totally different for your night out. Get together with friends and family and see if you can find your way out or if you will remain trapped in a room with a zombie. In this interactive adventure you are literally trapped in a room with a zombie. Every few minutes a buzzer will sound and the zombie will creep closer to you. You have to be able to figure a way out of the room before you become the snack of the zombie. Further details are provided before your experience but it’s all up to you to try and get out alive. Now you will need to make your reservations ahead of time in order to insure your spot in the zombie snack room. Before you get your tickets though, here are a few ways that you can actually save a little extra money on your admission.
Tips & Coupons
- You can purchase your tickets online and if you do then be sure to check for coupon codes. Right under the ticket selection area is a coupon code box. Just enter your coupon in there and click apply and you should see your discount appear right below.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon and Amazon Local as they both sometimes offer savings of up to 50% off the cost of your tickets to Trapped in a Room With a Zombie.
- Be sure to follow Room Escape Adventures on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news, updates, and promotions.
You will need to make sure that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your attempt to escape. The zombies are located at 3001 Quebec St. Suite 107. It’s at the end of the road in a warehouse. Just listen for the screams!
This month the International Gem and Jewelry Show is coming back to the Dallas Market Hall. If you have not seen it yet and love gemstones and jewelry then you have to make sure that you make it to the show. The International Gem and Jewelry Show is literally the largest collection of gemstones and jewelry under one roof. This includes everyday jewelry to the rare and priceless jewelry. Stop by to collect some of this fantastic jewelry or just browse the extensive collection. The show runs from January 24th through the 26th. Hours are noon to 6pm on Friday, 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday, and 11am to 5pm on Sunday. Tickets are on sale right now and getting your tickets ahead of time is actually the best way to save a little extra money or even get free admission to the show. Here’s what you need to do in order to get the most savings possible on your tickets to the International Gem and Jewelry Show at the Dallas Market Hall. You should also find the latest known coupons listed below as well which should help you to save even more money.
Tips & Coupons
- You can also purchase tickets online through the International Gem and Jewelry Show website. If you do so you can save $2 on your ticket versus the walk up ticket price.
- Be sure to follow the International Gem and Jewelry Show on Facebook and Twitter. They keep you updated on upcoming events and locations as well as promotions offered at each show.
- Check with the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau. They do offer some deals and coupons for activities in the Dallas area and may offer a coupon for the International Gem and Jewelry Show this year.
Now if you want to see the show at another venue then be sure to check out the International Gem and Jewelry Show coupons first to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your tickets for the show.
There are three main aquarium attractions in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. These are the Dallas World Aquarium, Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, and the Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine. Each offers its own unique experience and are perfect for any staycation plans. The admission to both the Dallas World Aquarium and the Sea Life Aquarium are about the same while the admission to the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park is much less. There are not a lot of coupons for any of these Dallas aquariums but there are some and there are ways to save a little extra money on the total cost of your admission. Below are a few tips for saving money at each of the Dallas aquariums as well as a listing of the latest known 2013 coupons for each.
Tips & Coupons
- Anyone with access to the Comet Center at UT Dallas can purchase discounted tickets to the Dallas World Aquarium. At last check you save $5 per person though there is a limit of 2 per purchase.
- Take the DART rail to the Dallas World Aquarium and show your ticket and you will receive $1 off your admission to the aquarium. The closest DART Rail station to the aquarium is at the West End Station, which is only about a three to four minute walk.
- If you become a member of the Dallas World Aquarium your will get free admission for a year plus 10% off at the store. A family membership pays for itself in 3 visits.
- The Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park offers a discount of $2 per ticket if you are a member of the Dallas Zoo.
- The Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine offers a $3 discount if you purchase your tickets online through the Sea Life aquarium website.
- If you have toddlers, bring them to the Sea Life Aquarium on Tuesdays for Toddler Tuesdays. For $14 you get admission for you and your toddlers.
Of course these are just the tips and coupons that are valuable for anyone living in the area (for a staycation). Now for more specific coupons and discount opportunities you can just check the Dallas World Aquarium coupons, SeaLife Aquarium coupons, or the Fair Park coupons to insure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your visit to any of these popular aquariums in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex area.
Celebrate the new year Medieval times. This year the Medieval Times is hosting their New Year’s Eve Extravaganza party at their Dallas Castle. It starts off with fantastic Medieval style hors d’oeuvres. You can also tour the Museum of Torture prior to the start of the performance. Following that is the Medieval Times New Year’s Eve Extravaganza performance where you will be treated to a 4 course dinner as you watch the performance. After the show, a DJ will take you through to the New Year with a countdown, party favors, Champagne, and balloon drop. You need special tickets for this event which can be purchased online. Before you do so though, here is how you can get a little extra savings off the total cost of your tickets for the Medieval Times Dallas New Year’s Eve Extravaganza.
Tips & Coupons
- There is a 4pm showtime for the Medieval Times Dallas New Year’s Eve Extravaganza which is actually about $30 less per person.
- If you book your tickets online, be sure to check for coupon codes. You should notice a coupon code box at the top of the ticket selection page. Enter the coupon here and then click apply. You should then see the discount appear on the same page, right below. Note, you cannot use a coupon for the late showing of the New Year’s Eve Extravaganza.
- Enter the code NYEWEB for a special discount for the earlier showings. You basically get kids prices on adult tickets.
- Purchase your tickets through local ticket discounter Goldstar and you can save over 30% off the cost of your tickets to any Medieval Times show, which includes the New Year’s Eve Extravaganza.
If you are planning a visit for any other Medieval Times show, be sure to check out the Medieval Times coupons beforehand to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your tickets.
Every year the Dallas Arboretum puts on a dazzling holiday display. This year the 2013 Holiday at the Arboretum features Angels in DeGolyer, visits with Santa, live reindeer, and you can even meet Frosty and Rudolph! The event will stay open until December 31st but if you plan ahead you can actually get some nice discounts on your admission to the Holiday at the Arboretum event at the Dallas Arboretum. Take just a moment to read over the tips and suggestions on how you can save the most money on your admission to the 2013 Holiday at the Arboretum.
Tips & Coupons
- Visit the Dallas Arboretum for the Holiday at the Arboretum on Wednesdays until December 18th and you can get Buy One Get One Free admission. This is valid for general admission and there is a limit of one deal per person.
- Seniors can see the Holiday at the Arboretum on Thursdays from now until the end of the year and save $7 off their admission. That’s an additional $1 off the regular senior discount that is offered at the Dallas Arboretum.
- There is a charge for parking. It’s $10 for parking onsite or you can park at Gaston / Garland and pay $5 to park there. Now if you visit during the day and pay for your parking pass online then you can save 50% off the regular price of onsite parking.
- If you have children then don’t forget about the Children’s Garden. You have to pay extra for admission to the Children’s Garden but it is well worth it. Tickets for children ages 3-12 get a $5 discount off the regular admission price.
Now for regular general admission to the Dallas Arboretum you should first make sure that you check out the Dallas Arboretum coupons before you visit to make sure that you get the most savings possible.
Every year, following the State Fair of Texas, is the Chinese Lantern Festival at Fair Park. This year there are never before seen surprises. The 2013 Chinese Lantern Festival features 25 stunning displays of colorful, glowing, art. Two of the must see displays are the 120 foot Imperial Dragon Boat and the 53 foot tall Porcelain Pagoda. In addition to the displays there is the acrobat show and the Chinese Opera among other attractions. This year’s Chinese Lantern Festival runs all the way through January 5th. Tickets are on sale right now but before you purchase your tickets, be sure to check out the tips which have been outlined below. These should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission. On top of all of that you should also find a listing of all of the latest known coupons for the Chinese Lantern Festival listed below as well to help you to save even more money.
Tips & Coupons
- If you buy your tickets online be sure to check for promotion codes first. You should notice a promotion code box at the bottom right of the checkout page. Enter the coupon in that box and then just click verify promotion. If valid you should see the discount appear right below.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. In the past they have offered savings of up to 32% off select ticket packages for the Chinese Lantern Festival.
- For extra savings, be sure to visit the Chinese Lantern Festival on Thursdays. On these days seniors, teachers, military service men and women, fire fighters, and policemen get half off their admission for the 2013 Chinese Lantern Festival.
- Be sure to follow the Chinese Lantern Festival on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of all of the latest news, promotions, and sometimes even exclusive coupons.
How about free admission to the Dallas Travel & Adventure Show? Why not right? The regular cost of admission for the 2013 Dallas Travel & Adventure Show is $10 but if you get your tickets ahead of time through local ticket discounter Goldstar you can actually get your general admission ticket for free. Your free admission tickets are good for Saturday, November 2nd and Sunday November 3rd. Now if you miss out on this free ticket offer for the 2013 Dallas Travel & Adventure Show, then don’t worry. There are still a few other ways that you can save money on your admission to the show.
- If you are purchasing your tickets online then be sure to check for promo codes. You should notice a promo code box about halfway down the ticket purchase page. Enter the coupon here and then click apply. You should see your discount appear right below. Try using the promo code DAPR.
- Stay for both days and you end up saving $4 off the cost of your admission for the second day.
- Be sure to follow the Dallas Travel & Adventure Show on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of the latest news, promotions, and even exclusive promo codes.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon and Livingsocial. You can save as much as 50% off the cost of your admission to the Dallas Travel & Adventure Show.
- Check with the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau. They will sometimes offer special coupons good for discounts to certain events in the Dallas area.
Note: Keep in mind that there is a $0.75 charge per ticket for online ticket purchase to the Dallas Travel & Adventure Show. Also, kids ages 16 and under get free admission to the Dallas Travel & Adventure Show. Regular onsite admission is $15 for one day and $24 for two days.
If you live in the Addison area and love a good murder mystery then make plans to attend Keith & Margo’s Ultimate Halloween Mystery Dinner Adventure at the Crowne Plaza on Midway Rd in Addison. This is a fun and entertaining dinner adventure show where you will have to showcase your detective skills. All of the dinner guests become a part of the show and collectively work together to solve the murder mystery. You will be seated and treated do a four course dinner when all of a sudden you hear a scream, finding out that someone has been murdered. The scary part about this murder mystery Halloween event is that some of the guests at the dinner may not be human. You can purchase your tickets online through Murder Mystery Texas, but if you purchase your tickets ahead of time through local ticket discounter Goldstar you can actually save about 40% OFF the cost of your tickets.
If you miss out on the ticket discount you might still be able to save with a coupon code. Just check to see if there any coupon codes available for the Keith & Margo’s Ultimate Halloween Mystery Dinner Adventure at the Crowne Plaza. There is a coupon code box at the bottom left of the shopping cart when you checkout. You can enter the code here.