The Latest Staycation Ideas
This month the International Gem and Jewelry Show is coming back to the Dallas Market Hall. If you have not seen it yet and love gemstones and jewelry then you have to make sure that you make it to the show. The International Gem and Jewelry Show is literally the largest collection of gemstones and jewelry under one roof. This includes everyday jewelry to the rare and priceless jewelry. Stop by to collect some of this fantastic jewelry or just browse the extensive collection. The show runs from January 24th through the 26th. Hours are noon to 6pm on Friday, 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday, and 11am to 5pm on Sunday. Tickets are on sale right now and getting your tickets ahead of time is actually the best way to save a little extra money or even get free admission to the show. Here’s what you need to do in order to get the most savings possible on your tickets to the International Gem and Jewelry Show at the Dallas Market Hall. You should also find the latest known coupons listed below as well which should help you to save even more money.
Tips & Coupons
- You can also purchase tickets online through the International Gem and Jewelry Show website. If you do so you can save $2 on your ticket versus the walk up ticket price.
- Be sure to follow the International Gem and Jewelry Show on Facebook and Twitter. They keep you updated on upcoming events and locations as well as promotions offered at each show.
- Check with the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau. They do offer some deals and coupons for activities in the Dallas area and may offer a coupon for the International Gem and Jewelry Show this year.
Now if you want to see the show at another venue then be sure to check out the International Gem and Jewelry Show coupons first to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your tickets for the show.
There are three main aquarium attractions in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. These are the Dallas World Aquarium, Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park, and the Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine. Each offers its own unique experience and are perfect for any staycation plans. The admission to both the Dallas World Aquarium and the Sea Life Aquarium are about the same while the admission to the Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park is much less. There are not a lot of coupons for any of these Dallas aquariums but there are some and there are ways to save a little extra money on the total cost of your admission. Below are a few tips for saving money at each of the Dallas aquariums as well as a listing of the latest known 2013 coupons for each.
Tips & Coupons
- Anyone with access to the Comet Center at UT Dallas can purchase discounted tickets to the Dallas World Aquarium. At last check you save $5 per person though there is a limit of 2 per purchase.
- Take the DART rail to the Dallas World Aquarium and show your ticket and you will receive $1 off your admission to the aquarium. The closest DART Rail station to the aquarium is at the West End Station, which is only about a three to four minute walk.
- If you become a member of the Dallas World Aquarium your will get free admission for a year plus 10% off at the store. A family membership pays for itself in 3 visits.
- The Children’s Aquarium at Fair Park offers a discount of $2 per ticket if you are a member of the Dallas Zoo.
- The Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine offers a $3 discount if you purchase your tickets online through the Sea Life aquarium website.
- If you have toddlers, bring them to the Sea Life Aquarium on Tuesdays for Toddler Tuesdays. For $14 you get admission for you and your toddlers.
Of course these are just the tips and coupons that are valuable for anyone living in the area (for a staycation). Now for more specific coupons and discount opportunities you can just check the Dallas World Aquarium coupons, SeaLife Aquarium coupons, or the Fair Park coupons to insure that you get the absolute most savings possible on your visit to any of these popular aquariums in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex area.
Celebrate the new year Medieval times. This year the Medieval Times is hosting their New Year’s Eve Extravaganza party at their Dallas Castle. It starts off with fantastic Medieval style hors d’oeuvres. You can also tour the Museum of Torture prior to the start of the performance. Following that is the Medieval Times New Year’s Eve Extravaganza performance where you will be treated to a 4 course dinner as you watch the performance. After the show, a DJ will take you through to the New Year with a countdown, party favors, Champagne, and balloon drop. You need special tickets for this event which can be purchased online. Before you do so though, here is how you can get a little extra savings off the total cost of your tickets for the Medieval Times Dallas New Year’s Eve Extravaganza.
Tips & Coupons
- There is a 4pm showtime for the Medieval Times Dallas New Year’s Eve Extravaganza which is actually about $30 less per person.
- If you book your tickets online, be sure to check for coupon codes. You should notice a coupon code box at the top of the ticket selection page. Enter the coupon here and then click apply. You should then see the discount appear on the same page, right below. Note, you cannot use a coupon for the late showing of the New Year’s Eve Extravaganza.
- Enter the code NYEWEB for a special discount for the earlier showings. You basically get kids prices on adult tickets.
- Purchase your tickets through local ticket discounter Goldstar and you can save over 30% off the cost of your tickets to any Medieval Times show, which includes the New Year’s Eve Extravaganza.
If you are planning a visit for any other Medieval Times show, be sure to check out the Medieval Times coupons beforehand to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your tickets.
Every year the Dallas Arboretum puts on a dazzling holiday display. This year the 2013 Holiday at the Arboretum features Angels in DeGolyer, visits with Santa, live reindeer, and you can even meet Frosty and Rudolph! The event will stay open until December 31st but if you plan ahead you can actually get some nice discounts on your admission to the Holiday at the Arboretum event at the Dallas Arboretum. Take just a moment to read over the tips and suggestions on how you can save the most money on your admission to the 2013 Holiday at the Arboretum.
Tips & Coupons
- Visit the Dallas Arboretum for the Holiday at the Arboretum on Wednesdays until December 18th and you can get Buy One Get One Free admission. This is valid for general admission and there is a limit of one deal per person.
- Seniors can see the Holiday at the Arboretum on Thursdays from now until the end of the year and save $7 off their admission. That’s an additional $1 off the regular senior discount that is offered at the Dallas Arboretum.
- There is a charge for parking. It’s $10 for parking onsite or you can park at Gaston / Garland and pay $5 to park there. Now if you visit during the day and pay for your parking pass online then you can save 50% off the regular price of onsite parking.
- If you have children then don’t forget about the Children’s Garden. You have to pay extra for admission to the Children’s Garden but it is well worth it. Tickets for children ages 3-12 get a $5 discount off the regular admission price.
Now for regular general admission to the Dallas Arboretum you should first make sure that you check out the Dallas Arboretum coupons before you visit to make sure that you get the most savings possible.
Every year, following the State Fair of Texas, is the Chinese Lantern Festival at Fair Park. This year there are never before seen surprises. The 2013 Chinese Lantern Festival features 25 stunning displays of colorful, glowing, art. Two of the must see displays are the 120 foot Imperial Dragon Boat and the 53 foot tall Porcelain Pagoda. In addition to the displays there is the acrobat show and the Chinese Opera among other attractions. This year’s Chinese Lantern Festival runs all the way through January 5th. Tickets are on sale right now but before you purchase your tickets, be sure to check out the tips which have been outlined below. These should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission. On top of all of that you should also find a listing of all of the latest known coupons for the Chinese Lantern Festival listed below as well to help you to save even more money.
Tips & Coupons
- If you buy your tickets online be sure to check for promotion codes first. You should notice a promotion code box at the bottom right of the checkout page. Enter the coupon in that box and then just click verify promotion. If valid you should see the discount appear right below.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. In the past they have offered savings of up to 32% off select ticket packages for the Chinese Lantern Festival.
- For extra savings, be sure to visit the Chinese Lantern Festival on Thursdays. On these days seniors, teachers, military service men and women, fire fighters, and policemen get half off their admission for the 2013 Chinese Lantern Festival.
- Be sure to follow the Chinese Lantern Festival on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of all of the latest news, promotions, and sometimes even exclusive coupons.
How about free admission to the Dallas Travel & Adventure Show? Why not right? The regular cost of admission for the 2013 Dallas Travel & Adventure Show is $10 but if you get your tickets ahead of time through local ticket discounter Goldstar you can actually get your general admission ticket for free. Your free admission tickets are good for Saturday, November 2nd and Sunday November 3rd. Now if you miss out on this free ticket offer for the 2013 Dallas Travel & Adventure Show, then don’t worry. There are still a few other ways that you can save money on your admission to the show.
- If you are purchasing your tickets online then be sure to check for promo codes. You should notice a promo code box about halfway down the ticket purchase page. Enter the coupon here and then click apply. You should see your discount appear right below. Try using the promo code DAPR.
- Stay for both days and you end up saving $4 off the cost of your admission for the second day.
- Be sure to follow the Dallas Travel & Adventure Show on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of the latest news, promotions, and even exclusive promo codes.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon and Livingsocial. You can save as much as 50% off the cost of your admission to the Dallas Travel & Adventure Show.
- Check with the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau. They will sometimes offer special coupons good for discounts to certain events in the Dallas area.
Note: Keep in mind that there is a $0.75 charge per ticket for online ticket purchase to the Dallas Travel & Adventure Show. Also, kids ages 16 and under get free admission to the Dallas Travel & Adventure Show. Regular onsite admission is $15 for one day and $24 for two days.
If you live in the Addison area and love a good murder mystery then make plans to attend Keith & Margo’s Ultimate Halloween Mystery Dinner Adventure at the Crowne Plaza on Midway Rd in Addison. This is a fun and entertaining dinner adventure show where you will have to showcase your detective skills. All of the dinner guests become a part of the show and collectively work together to solve the murder mystery. You will be seated and treated do a four course dinner when all of a sudden you hear a scream, finding out that someone has been murdered. The scary part about this murder mystery Halloween event is that some of the guests at the dinner may not be human. You can purchase your tickets online through Murder Mystery Texas, but if you purchase your tickets ahead of time through local ticket discounter Goldstar you can actually save about 40% OFF the cost of your tickets.
If you miss out on the ticket discount you might still be able to save with a coupon code. Just check to see if there any coupon codes available for the Keith & Margo’s Ultimate Halloween Mystery Dinner Adventure at the Crowne Plaza. There is a coupon code box at the bottom left of the shopping cart when you checkout. You can enter the code here.
Big Tex is back this year and he is better than ever. Mark your calendars and make sure you come see Big Tex at the State Fair of Texas this year. Opening day is September 13th and it continues all the way to October 20th. There is even more fun and entertainment this year. There’s the Broadway performance of the Lion King, daily musical performances that kicks off with Asleep at the Wheel, the Red River Rivalry, the State Fair Auto Show, Children’s Barnyard, contests, races, and of course the return of Big Tex. He had a little scare last year but is back and bigger than ever. Now before you go about get your tickets, be sure to read the tips below. They should help you save a little extra money on your total admission costs and other activities there at the state fair. In addition to that you should also find the latest known coupons for the State Fair of Texas listed below as well.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are going to visit the State Fair of Texas on several occasions then go ahead and get a season pass to the state fair. It actually pays for itself in just 3 visits. On top of that you get 1 free companion ticket plus 1 free Cinemark Theatre ticket.
- Purchase your State Fair of Texas general admission tickets in advance through Big Tex and save $2 per ticket.
- If you are a senior then be sure to mention this when purchasing your ticket and you can save up to $4 on your admission.
- Be sure to sign up for the email newsletter or follow Big Tex on Facebook and Twitter. He will keep you informed of the latest news, promotions, and sometimes even exclusive coupons for the State Fair of Texas.
- Visit the State Fair of Texas on opening day and Coca-Cola or Dasani product with you and you can get into the fair for just $6.
- Visit on any Wednesday night of the fair and bring at least three canned food items with you for the North Texas Food Bank and you can get admission for just $3.
- Stop by your local Kroger grocery store and you can also purchase discounted tickets to the State Fair of Texas.
- Purchase a ticket for a performance at the Music Hall at Fair Park and you will get free admission to the State Fair of Texas as well. This year the Lion King will be performing during the State Fair of Texas.
Big adventures happen in Dallas and if you live just outside of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and are planning a Dallas staycation then you will not want to leave home without the Family Fun Card. This is an attractions discount card that is offered through the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau. It will get you a free child’s admission ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket. Included family attractions include the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden, Dallas Zoo, Perot Museum of Nature and Science, and Fair Park. There are even discounts on hotels in the city should you decide to make an overnight trip out of it. This discount card is available during the summer vacation months only. Just print out the big card HERE.
For laugh out loud fun go go see the Avenue Q production at Theatre Three in uptown. Performances are currently running Thursday through Sunday. Get your tickets ahead of time through local ticket discounter Goldstar and you can SAVE 50% OFF your admission. Currently there are only a few days left for the Thursday night performances. Now if you miss out on the discount there are still a few other ways to save on your admission, though they won’t be as much as the 50% off discount.
Look for promotional codes. You will notice a promotional code box on the Theatre 3 checkout page. Enter the coupon here and then click proceed. If you do not have a promotional code you can check to see if you qualify for any additional discounts. You can try entering THEATRE3 into the promotional code box for the latest discount. At last check this would save you $5 on a ticket. You can also receive $5 off tickets to Theatre Three or Theatre Too if you have a KERA Member Rewards Card. Just enter promo code KERAT3. You may have to show your card at the box office window. They also offer discounts for students, seniors, and subscribers to Theatre Three. During checkout there is an option to select for these types of discounts on your tickets to see Avenue Q.
Keep in mind that this is an adult show. The language is not suitable for young children.